Thursday, April 16, 2009

MY BAD.

I feel like the worst sister in the world! It seems as if Swift has no aunt at all. Truth is, she's been the one taking all the pictures, so if it weren't for her, it wouldn't seem Swift has parents. Memry was at the birth- the whole epic journey- arriving after happy hour on her bicycle full of smiles and jokes that hit the dead air of pain surrounding my every move. It's a strange thing what being outside of your body does- I could hardly appreciate her contributions with my consciousness, but I know that I couldn't have made it through to the other side without her and wouldn't have wanted to, either. It was such a good feeling to have the epidural set in and finally feel present for an experience that she had been sharing with us for hours. Memry grabbed me apple juice and ice and then my knees and told me to push. Gavin and her were the perfect team, and I wouldn't want anybody else at that vantage point, so I'm glad it worked out the way it did.
Now she has kindly informed me that it seems like maybe I should include her on the blog.
This glaring omission is obviously the work of a novice blogger, but it's no excuse. It's no excuse, either, that new auntie Memry has been in Bali for 12 days (acquiring amazing baby accessories- silver bracelet! skeleton dress!) so lets not consider that to get us off the hook.
Thank you for understanding that bogging isn't easy and nobody said that we're good at it. I hope she still thinks I'm a good sister. I think she's the greatest Aunt- ever. So does Swift.
I also think she's the greatest sister, because she is so understanding and forgiving and kind.
Please forgive me, kind sister, and understand that you always seemed present in every entry and every day, as you are a critical part of everything in my eyes.
We promise to be better about documenting it.

2 comments: